In conversation with Theater Alliance’s next production, Still Life with Rocket by Mollye Maxner, consider this:
Two women, any age, and a punch in the face.
Write one 10-minute play, with no more than 3 characters, exploring the relationship between these people and the punch.
Email your materials to email@example.com with the subject line: PUNCH – YOUR NAME. Only electronic PDF submissions will be accepted.
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 by 11:59pm EST
Playwrights Announced: Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017
Rehearsals TBD: Thursday, June 15th – Sunday, June 18th, 2017
Public Reading: Tuesday, June 20th at 8:00PM
Your play, file titled: YOUR NAME – TITLE OF PLAY.PDF
Your resume, file titled: YOUR NAME – RESUME.PDF
(ONLY PDFs will be accepted)
Keep in mind Theater Alliance’s mission: We develop, produce, and present socially conscious, thought- provoking work that fully engages our community in active dialogue.
1. You must be 18 years of age and have the right to work in the United States.
2. You must reside in the DC-Metro Area and be available for rehearsals to be scheduled between June 15th and June 18th, 2017 and a public reading at the Anacostia Playhouse on Tuesday, June 20th, 2017.
3. The play must be original and belong to you. Any non-original works will be disqualified.
4. No musical theater works will be accepted.
5. Only complete electronic submissions will be accepted.
6. Only one work may be submitted per playwright.